How do I transfer utilities into my name?

You will need a copy of your contract and your passport, each utility service provider requires you to visit them and transfer an existing service in to your name or connect a service in your name.

For water and electricity to be transferred in your name you will need to take meter readings and make a note of the meter numbers.

In cases where you appoint an agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the agent with a specific power of attorney for that utility service.


There are no comments yet

^ Go up