- Cyprus tenancy laws! Are they similar to the UK?
- What is the legal definition of a Landlord in Cyprus?
- Will a character reference help me?
- Who prepares the Tenancy agreements?
- What amount of deposit will I need?
- How many months' rent will I need to pay in advance?
- Who is responsible for insurance at the property?
- How do I transfer utilities into my name?
- What are the rules concerning pets when renting a property?
- What are the approximate monthly running costs for swimming pools?
- What should I do if I wish to leave from a property I am renting?
- What TV programme's are available via satellite/internet?
How do I transfer utilities into my name?
You will need a copy of your contract and your passport, each utility service provider requires you to visit them and transfer an existing service in to your name or connect a service in your name.
For water and electricity to be transferred in your name you will need to take meter readings and make a note of the meter numbers.
In cases where you appoint an agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the agent with a specific power of attorney for that utility service.